This document describes how to participate in the Bloom token sale. It gives an overview of the sale as well as some suggested best practices for participating.
On November 30th at 9am PT (5pm GMT), the Bloom BLT token sale will be available at contribution.hellobloom.io.
Token Distribution Overview
- Token Symbol: BLT
- Minimum Purchase: 0.001 ETH
- Accepting: Ethereum
- ERC20 Token: Yes
- Sale Date: Nov 30th, 9am PT
- Whitelist Date: Nov 29th
- Recommended Gas Limit: 300,000
The public sale event begins roughly at November 30, 9:00 am PT. Please be ready to go at this time.
In order to participate you must go to the Bloom website. You will need to read, understand, and accept the terms in order to participate.
Whitelist Contributions — Nov 29 Early Collection
Those accepted on the whitelist will be guaranteed a spot in the sale.
If you have been accepted on the whitelist, you will receive an email with instructions ~24 hours before the public sale with a unique whitelist contribution page. Each individual will have to enter in their unique identifier to access the page. This will occur on Nov 29.
To confirm, we will post in Slack when this email is sent.
As always, lookout for phishing URLs, fake domains and emails from non-trusted parties. You are responsible for taking precautions and exercising good judgement.
The contract address will ONLY be posted on our contribution page or whitelist page.
- It is very important that you only use the address posted on the contribution or whitelist page.
- We will NOT post the address on our Twitter, Slack, email or blog.
- Do not ask others for the link to the website or collection address.
- We will NEVER personally message you with a wallet address asking you to directly send ETH. We will NOT be using the General slack channel or DMs to communicate the wallet address.
- Stay vigilant and secure.
- Beware of scammers creating fake look-a-like websites. Either save this link here or make sure to type it in yourself.
- If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bloom Token Sale
1. Make Sure to Have Your Wallet Setup
The only way to participate will be to send funds directly to our smart contact address. You will need to send ETH from a wallet that accepts ERC20 token. For example, you may use wallets such as MetaMask, MyEtherWallet, or Mist.
- We will make the contract address public on our website.
- You will receive your BLT tokens to the same address from which you sent the funds.
- Note: On the day of the sale, transaction times may be slow. Some may choose to prepare their ether early.
2. Sale Opens
The Bloom Token Sale will open starting Nov 30, ~9am PT.
- Note: There may be a minor delay due to block times.
3. Transfer Your Desired Amount of Ether
From your wallet, transfer the desired amount of Ether to the address shown to you. Please send your desired amount of ETH from a wallet that accepts ERC20 token.
- Please note, this post is not an endorsement of specific wallets as a means to manage your Ether. We cannot guarantee the correct behavior of wallets you use for managing your digital assets.
- Do NOT send ether from an exchange address (such as Coinbase). You will lose your BLT.
- If you have your Ethereum on an exchange or hosted wallet (such as Coinbase), you MUST transfer this Ethereum to a ERC20 Compatible wallet prior to contributing.
How to do you send Ethereum to Bloom?
There are a number of ERC20 compatible wallets that you can use to send ETH. We are showing an example of the process below with MyEtherWallet.
As an example: If you are using MyEtherWallet.com for managing your ether, go to the Send Ether & Tokens section and enter the address that you have confirmed from the official Bloom channels, the amount of ether you want to invest, and generate and send the transaction.
Unlock access to your wallet
The recommended gas limit is 300,000. Once it is completed, you will receive your BLT tokens to this ETH address after the crowdsale completes.
Keep Track of Sale Progress
You will see a countdown indicating how much time is left until the end of the token sale; once the sale ends, you will no longer be able to purchase BLT tokens from us.
The sale will closed when the hardcap $50M is filled or when the sale time ends, whichever comes first. Tokens will be available for transfer on Jan 1, 2018.
Summary of key points:
- The contract address will ONLY be posted on our contribution page or whitelist page.
- If you are on the whitelist, you will get an email from email@example.com with next steps at ~9am PST (5pm GMT) one day before the sale, November 29th.
- You will send Ethereum to the Bloom crowdsale contribution address. It is very important that you only use the address posted on the contribution or whitelist page.
- If you have your coins on an exchange, such as Coinbase, you will need to send them to an ERC20 Wallet first before sending Ethereum to Bloom.
- You must send Ethereum from an ERC20 Compatible wallet (such as MyEtherWallet, Mist, or MetaMask)
- Need extra help? Don’t have a wallet setup? Here is a step by step guide on how to setup a new Wallet on MyEtherWallet. Here is a guide on how to Send Ethereum with MyEtherWallet. They also have a video guide here. You should ensure that your ERC20 compatible wallet is setup with Ethereum inside it before sending to the crowdsale.
Thank you for your support! Happy participating!
*Last updated: November 30th