Transparency is fundamental in crypto. Below you will find primary sources of information about Bloom and the Bloom team in one place. If you want to go deep, read our whitepaper and listen to the extended interviews. (I would budget 2–3 hours for this)
If you’re looking for a quick overview, check out the press articles and introductory blog posts.
Nothing is a substitute for your own diligence. It’s very important to question our key assumptions, diligence or background, and fact check everything. Look at other companies in the space, including non-blockchain ones. I highly encourage everyone to do their own research and join the community discussion on Slack. We’re always available and you can message us anytime.
Join the Conversation:
- Slack: Join our Slack community
- Twitter: Follow us on Twitter
- Medium: Follow our Blog Updates
- Email: Join the newsletter
Read the Press:
- Inc: This Company is Making Credit Available to 3 Billion People
- Huffington Post: Caught In the Equifax Breach? Blockchain Startups Are Here to Help
- Nasdaq: How One Blockchain Startup Is Combatting Centralization of the Credit Industry
Research What People Ask Online:
- Reddit: Announcement post on r/Ethereum
- ProductHunt: Bloom Launch
- Reddit: See all posts about Bloom
- Twitter: Brian Krebs (Security Researcher)
Read our Source Material:
- Bloom: Overview Blog Post (3 minute read)
- Bloom: Technical Whitepaper
- Bloom: Read our Blog Updates
- Bloom: Meet the People Building Bloom
Follow our Weekly Updates:
- Bloom: Recapping our Announcement Week 9/9
- Bloom: Weekly Update 9/19
- Bloom: Weekly Update 9/26
- Bloom: Weekly Update 10/5
Research our Backgrounds and History:
- Wired (Jesse Leimgruber): Inside Peter Thiel’s Genius Factory
- USA Today (Jesse Leimgruber): How Jesse Leimgruber Created his Businesses as a Student
- Huffington Post (Jesse Leimgruber) How This Stanford Dropout Went From Bootstrapping to Closing Fortune 500 Companies
- TechCrunch: (John Backus & Alain Meier) BlockScore Lands $2M In Funding For Making I.D. Verification Easier
- Coindesk: (John Backus & Alain Meier) How BlockScore is Making Bitcoin Regulatory Compliance Absurdly Simple
- Forbes: (Ryan Faber): How Growth Is Driving Billion Dollar Valuations w/ Ryan Faber
Listen to Interviews & Podcasts:
- YouTube: CryptoBobby Interview with Jesse Leimgruber (30 minutes)
- Podcast: 5 Minute Crypto: Bloom (5 minutes)
- Podcast: Crypto 101 (35 Minutes)
Crypto 101 Podcast Quick Links:
- “Why are you here / why are we talking?”
- “What is different between Blockchain/Bloom & FICO”
- “Will Bloom be crypto only or part of the traditional credit system?”
- “Outside of Bloom, what else is exciting in Crypto”
- “Equifax Credit Hack. How would Bloom work with this”
- “Do you compete with Civic, uPort & others?”
- “Do you invest, hold? Buying a house with your crypto gains?”
- “Are we in an over hyped phase”
- “Many people want an alternative to the government. Thoughts?”
- “How is Bloom maintained? Is it live? Will there be miners?”
- “What did you study at Stanford? What’s it like dropping out and being Thiel Fellow with Vitalik?”
- “Thoughts on governance and regulation?”
- “What’s your general advice to get started in crypto?
- “What do you think about the haters?”
Crypto Bobby YouTube Interview Quick Links:
- “You studied at Stanford, but how did this idea start? What is your background?”
- “What is it like being in the Thiel Fellowship (with Vitalik, Joey Krug & Others)”
- “Tell me about the Equifax Hack”
- “Credit Freezes? They cost $30/month. Thoughts?”
- “What is the 60 second pitch of Bloom?”
- “How do you think about Cross Border Credit Scoring issue?
- “Can you talk about the 3 Bloom Components”
- “What Factors go into BloomScore”
- “What do you have in mind in terms of partnerships?”
- “Is this going to be US First?”
- “What is the BloomCard?
- “How far along are you? What’s the roadmap?
- “What is the utility of the Bloom Token?”
- “When is the ICO? Will there even be an token sale?”
- “How is your team uniquely positioned to address this problem?”
- “What is the biggest obstacle? What keeps you up at night?”
- “Has regulation been a challenge”
- “How the community can help”
Diligence the Market:
- Research industry news, whitepapers, Google Scholar. Why hasn’t Bloom been built yet? Why now?
- Look at Non-Blockchain competitors. Carefully consider “Why Blockchain?” and if our team is the team to bring it to fruition.
- Consider if this is something the market will actually use? Why? Why not?
- Ask people who have been in the fin-tech space their opinions.
- Will this be a growing or declining problem?
- Question the team’s key assumptions and fact check everything.